LHA Social Media Policy
Social media has become an important and influential means of communication for the Leinster Hockey Association (further referred to as LHA). Therefore, a social media policy has been developed to outline best practice for use of social media platforms.
The purpose of this social media policy is to enhance and protect the LHA, employees, ensure reputation is maintained and to promote effective and innovative use of social media.
The same laws, professional expectations and guidelines for interacting with members, staff, volunteers, followers and any other interactions apply online as in the real world.
This policy applies to all LHA members, employees, committees, volunteers and/or external parties (further referred to as users) and governs the use of social media sites by users communicating with and/or on behalf of the LHA.
Leinster Hockey takes no responsibility for posts on accounts which are not created or maintained by the LHA, but encourages all those involved in LHA competitions to adhere to the same code of condut online.
Views expressed on personal social media accounts by LHA employees are strictly the views of the individual, and not those of the LHA. LHA employees, members and volunteers should exercise caution and common sense when posting on behalf of LHA.
This policy applies to social media sites created and currently used by the LHA inlcuding:
Legal and policy basis
Users should be conscious that all information posted to social networking sites must adhere to the legislation in force at the time. Please refer to LHA policy documents online at www.leinsterhockey.ie.
Social media usage policy
Users must at all times use social media sites in a responsible manner, having due regard to the rights and reputation of the LHA and of others. In particular, you are required to comply with the following rules:
- Do not post material that could reasonably be deemed threatening, harassing, illegal, obscene, defamatory or slanderous towards any individual or entity.
- Do not post information which is confidential and/or proprietary to the LHA. Users should not post confidential or proprietary information about LHA, its employees or volunteers. Care should be taken to use good ethical judgment and to ensure that all LHA privacy and confidentiality policies are adhered to. Users who share confidential information do so at the risk of disciplinary action.
- In order to avoid discrepancies and minimise the need for updating, social media platforms are not to be used to post detailed policy or procedural information. For such information users should be directed to official LHA website, electronic resource or publication for such information.
- Do not use pseudonyms or seek to impersonate any other person.
- Do not infringe copyright and/or intellectual property. When posting, be mindful of the copyright and intellectual property rights - including inventions, literary and artistic works (images, videos, audio), and symbols, names, images, and designs - of others and of the LHA. For example, photographs posted on social media sites can be easily copied by visitors.
- LHA Trademarks including name and/or logos are not to be used for endorsements. Do not use the LHA name, logo or any other LHA images on personal social media sites. Do not use LHA’s name to promote a product, cause, petition, political party or candidate.
- Do not promote or advertise a commercial product or solicit business or membership or financial or other support in any business, group or organisation except those which are officially approved by LHA.
|Facebook||Leinster Hockey Association, @leinsterhockey1||LHA Executive Officer|
|Twitter||Leinsterhockey, @leinsterhockey1||LHA Executive Officer|
|Instagram||Leinster hockey, @leinsterhockey||LHA Executive Officer|
LHA Youth Administrator
The LHA Executive Officer maintains the account credentials to official LHA social media accounts. Account credentials should not be shared with any other users without prior consent of the LHA board.
Associated Social Media Sites
If you post on behalf of LHA, or any of the relevant sub-committees, LHA will maintain a register of all relevant LHA associated sites and the site owners/administrators who have responsibility for them.
Compliance with Policy
The LHA reserves the right to monitor, intercept and review, without further notice, the postings and activities of members, employees and volunteers, in connection with social media where there is reason to suspect that this Policy is being breached or where deemed necessary by the LHA for other legitimate reasons. The LHA operates a notice and takedown procedure. Users are encouraged to be vigilant and to report any suspected violations of this Policy and/or potentially illegal activity immediately to the LHA executive officer (email@example.com), who will decide, on behalf of the LHA, the most appropriate course of action under the circumstances. However, please note that frivolous or vexatious complaints will not be entertained.
Breach of the policy
On receipt of notice (or where the LHA otherwise becomes aware) of any suspected breach of this Policy, the LHA reserves the right to remove, or require the removal of, any content which is deemed by the LHA to be in breach of this Policy. In the event that content is deemed to be potentially illegal, the LHA will report such content to the appropriate authorities. LHA may take appropriate action against individuals when an allegation of a breach has been substantiated. Any actions taken by the institution with respect to LHA staff, members and volunteers will be initiated in accordance with the appropriate LHA regulations and disciplinary procedures.
For further details on any aspect of this policy, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Approved by: LHA Board Date: 14th January 2019
Print version - Click Here