2021 Coaching, Manager & Admin Roles
April 22, 2021
The Leinster Hockey Association are preparing for changes to the player development programmes being run across the province and are now seeking applications from coaches and managers who wish to be involved with the player development programmes for the 2021-22 season.
Appropriately qualified or experienced coaches who are not in a position to commit to a head coach or assistant coach role but who would be interested in being on a coaching panel and supporting the programmes periodically are also welcome to apply.
There will be a payment associated with these roles.
We are inviting applications for coach, manager and administrator positions for the following programmes:
- Interprovincial Competition Squads [note each Interprovincial panel will require a head coach, an assistant coach & a manager]
- Leinster Girls U16, Girls U18, Girls U20
- Leinster Boys U16, Girls U18, Boys U21
- South East Girls U16, Girls U18
- Coaching Panels
- Regional Talent Development Camps (Summer)
- Regional/District Development Centres
At this time we are also looking to appoint management teams for the
- Leinster Junior (Adult) Women's (tournament in May 2022)
- Leinster Junior (Adult) Men's Interprovincial Squads (tournament in May 2022)
|Development Programme Description||CLICK HERE|
|Role Descriptions||CLICK HERE|
Applicants should complete the appropriate Google Form to be considered for any of the coaching/manager/administrator roles as follows:
Prior to interview applicants will be required to provide
- Evidence of current Safeguarding 1 certificate including date of the course OR evidence of Safeguarding Refresher course certificate including date of completion
- Two references
- Proof of job related qualifications [note coaches must hold at least a Level 1 qualification from Hockey Ireland (or equivalent national governing body) and ideally be working towards their Level 2 qualification].
Successful candidates will be asked to
- Sign the Leaders Code of Conduct
- Undergo Garda vetting for a leadership role with Leinster Hockey
- Agree to a probation period of three months
Appointments will be subject to ratification by the Leinster Hockey Board. Coaches or Managers may not start working within an LHA development programme or camp until the Garda Vetting process has been completed. Applicants must be eligible to work in Ireland.