Gaining A Hockey Coaching Qualification
If you wish to gain a Hockey Ireland Coaching Qualification, pathway courses are generally run between May and September of each year. A diagram of the Hockey Ireland Coaching Pathway is below. Pathway courses are certified by Coaching Ireland and run from Fundamentals to Level 3. The pathway diagram below gives details of the progression between courses and the order in which they run.
Details of Coaching Courses can be found on the links below:
|Fundamentals Courses||Click Here|
|Level One Courses||Click Here|
|Level Two Courses||Click Here|
|Level Three Courses||Click Here|
|Stepping Stones||Click Here|
Outside of pathway courses, the IHA also runs a number of continuous professional development courses named Stepping Stones. These courses are classroom based, non-certified sessions that all coaches can attend regardless of level of qualification. Stepping Stones courses are run throughout the year and cover a wide range of topics.
Leinster Coaching Database
In Leinster we are currently drawing together a list of active coaches that we can utilise for any coaching opportunities that arise in the province. If you have an Introduction to Hockey Coaching, Level 1, 2 or 3 Coaching qualification and would like to have your email address and phone number added onto our listing, please email email@example.com. (Information will not be shared with any third party.)
Updated 20th Nov 18
The IHA programme hookedforLife has been adopted by the LHA. The programme is essential component for anyone involved in hockey including players, coaches, parents and administrators. The goal of the hooked for Life model is to recruit, capture, develop and retain players through:
1. A clear holistic pathway - which is easy to understand and covers all strands (both performance and grassroots)
2. Being 'Player' centred - focusing on the participation element of being in a team (rather than individual) sport
3. Fun and enjoyable - developing a love of the game for life (considering both wants and needs of players)
4. Quality and fun coaching - at all levels
5. Understood by all - so that it is easy to locate a player and understood by non hockey players/parents.
HookedforLife has been developed principally around the 3 main fundamental areas:
1. The PLAYER - meeting the need of the player
2. THE COACH - to ensure the key deliverer of the scheme understands what each player should
3. The GAME - game formats which suit the need of the player
With the PLAYER at the heart of the model the needs, requirements and motivation are placed at the forefront. GAMES have been developed at Phases 1-3 which are designed to ensure that players develop in a fun and stimulating environment which systematically introduces the physical, technical and tactical components. The approach of the COACH is essential in delivering the GAME to the needs of the PLAYER and as such are paramount to Hockeyforlife model.
The following hookedforLife downloads are available. In addition the IHA regularly run courses which have been designed around each of the hookedforLife modules.