Academy Management Overview
1. A clear holistic pathway - which is easy to understand and covers all strands (both performance and grassroots)
2. Being ‘Player' centred - focusing on the participation element of being in a team (rather than individual) sport
3. Fun and enjoyable - developing a love of the game for life (considering both wants and needs of players)
4. Quality and fun coaching - at all levels
5. Understood by all - so that it is easy to locate a player and understood by non hockey players/parents.
HookedforLife has been developed principally around the 3 main fundamental areas:
1. The PLAYER - meeting the need of the player
2. THE COACH - to ensure the key deliverer of the scheme understands what each player should
3. The GAME - game formats which suit the need of the player
LHA Academy Coaches and manager are all Garda Vetted and have completed the Child Protection in Sport Awareness Workshop.