Are you a primary school teacher or coach? Interested in testing the new Hockey Skills Challenge? Hockey Ireland is looking for volunteers to test our Hockey Skills Challenge with their pupils. If interested, please email email@example.com
and we will send you a free copy of the Hockey Skills Challenge plus a feedback form. All teachers or coaches that take part will be entered into a draw to win 2 free tickets to the upcoming World League 2 Finals (March 22nd) in UCD! More information on the Hockey Skills Challenge is below.
Hockey Skills Challenge: launching March 2015
Challenge your primary school pupils to get active and develop their sporting abilities with the Hockey Skills Challenge. Take on a skills circuit with an opportunity for everyone to earn a Certificate of Hockey Skill. The skills circuit is easy to run, easy to set up and requires no hockey knowledge – for teachers or pupils. Supported by the Irish Sport Council’s Women In Sport, the Hockey Skills Challenge is fun, rewarding and free!
How does my primary school run the Hockey Skills Challenge?
- The Hockey Skills Challenge is flexible so choose your challenge based on the skill level or hockey experience of your pupils and get practicing!
- Set up the Hockey Skills Challenge anywhere – indoor or outdoor, playground or pitch
- Only equipment needed is cones, one stick and one ball
- Run the Challenge during one of your PE classes and host your own Hockey Skills Challenge Ceremony
Why take part in Hockey Skills Challenge:
- Easy to include as part of your school’s PE programme
- Let your pupils show off their new skills
- Easy to follow resources provided for free!
- Enter a draw to win a visit from a Challenge Coach to help your school get ready
There are 3 simple steps to complete the Tricks 4 Sticks Hockey Skills Challenge:
1. Register (get your free resources by registering online)
2. Practice (choose your challenge and get practicing during PE)
3. Run & Reward (run your challenge and get your free certificates from Hockey Ireland)